Sambayan believes opposition will rally to Eleksyon 2022 presidential candidate
A 1Sambayan official expressed confidence on Wednesday that opposition forces will unite behind a presidential candidate for the 2022 national elections, saying the group is committed to forming a coalition and is not elitist.
Lawyer Howard Calleja made the claim three days before their group unveiled their potential candidates for the 2022 polls to get public comment on who should carry the opposition banner and what issues should be addressed. emergency by said candidate.
Calleja said they had already hit the base with Manila Mayor Isko Moreno, Vice President Leni Robredo, Senator Grace Poe and former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.
“People will be surprised. We have the formula, we trust the system, we trust the process that these personalities will unite. In our conversations, personal interests can be pushed aside towards greater interest, that is- that is, the nation and the people, and that resonated with all the candidates we spoke to, “he said in an interview with the ANC.
“We are a broad coalition. We are not elitist. In fact, our organizers are now 24, including representatives of the urban poor, workers, farmers, OFWs, from all spectrum,” he said. he adds.
Calleja also ignored criticism that their group is holier than you, saying their coalition never promised perfection.
“We are not saying that we are perfect. What we are proposing is to present a better alternative and a better platform to recover not only from the pandemic, but also from the recovery of Philippine society,” said he declared.
“What is clear is that this administration is bad. In fact, it is super bad. We are not saying that we are good. What we are saying is that there is nothing perfect. , but we are giving the Filipinos a better alternative than what we have today, ”he added.
Calleja then said that adhering to democratic principles, upholding the Constitution and the rule of law, and defending sovereignty and sovereign rights can bring many people together under one roof.
“We are confident to say that the dream of having a candidate [for the opposition] in 2022 is more possible now than a year ago, “he said.
“Secretary Roque said our voice was as good as a barangay. Yes, we started small but we are confident and we are growing. By the time of the elections, our voice will be good for thousands of barangays and millions of people. Filipinos. We will have a front in 2022 and we will win by majority, not just plurality, “he added.
Roque is the spokesperson for President Rodrigo Duterte.—AOL, GMA News